Skip to main content

Wow 21 days until its good bye to the twenties, rings back, a concert or two, coming to terms with age, a look back

Readers,

Hey everyone I hope all is going great with you. On my end, my finger is now feeling less naked; I had to get my ring resized because I'd lost weight. Ultimately I wouldn't recommend going with Fred Meyer, they initially told my fiance it would take two weeks to get back and than we were told three weeks. The whole experience was exhausting and frustrating. The manager whom we dealt with at last goes, "We usually tell our customers it'll take about three weeks", and of course I wanted to protest and say, "Well then why didn't your associate tell us that?". I am happy with the ring place I went with and in the future intend to do all my purchases with them. Fred Meyers is good for other things but I wouldn't recommend buying jewelry from them at all! Especially something as significant as an engagement ring for your loved one. So whew, rings back on my finger and I can't stop looking it, literally I get chills when I look at it and can't help but think I am such an incredibly lucky guy to have such a loving and supportive woman

So, November 4th we picked the ring up and Ruth and I ended up at Applebee's and ate some delicious food and watched the election results roll in. As many of you know I am more conservative and am not a huge fan of Obama but at the same time nor do I write a political blog either and stay away from talking news and shit here. Yes, I had a blog just for that purpose but it just sort of fell by the way side. I will not wax on about the victory but except to say that the cleaning out of the senate was a definite referendum on Obama's policies from health care to the economy (let's not start a political debate here; nor am I trying to quash it either). Anyways, I am happy with the results we'll have to see what happens now from here on out.

Ruth, my fiance dressed as a cute cat
For once, I wasn't working Halloween and nor did I have a desire to go out and paint the town red. Maybe its just I am getting older or the fact that my fiance and I alternate schedules so much that when we actually have a day to ourselves together, its rare and far between. So, I donned the Heisenberg look which as many of you know I did previously with my friend Jordan when we tried to win tickets and I got to meet Aaron Paul whom played Jesse. She didn't work too late and dressed up as a cute cat and we we're off to Krispy Kreme for a pair of free donuts which by the way were yummy! She's kinda camera shy but I managed to nab a few photos of her dressed up as a cat and her and I dressed up together. We actually hung out at home, drank wine, ate pizza and handed out candy. It was a very laid back night and a very good night. Honestly it really was a quite perfect Halloween. There is no doubt in my mind, we'll have many more halloweens in the future together

Heisenberg and a Cute Cat

Coming up here next week, I am going with Ruth to go see the band Gaelic Storm in concert, I have my friend Michelle Cooley to thank for introducing me to that band *smiles* They're fucking awesome, a kinda old Irish folk band but not anyways they are really good and apparently do autograph signings at every single concert so I am excited for that one and of course we will be seeing the band Flogging Molly in December which I raved about previously

So, I glanced at the calender and counted the days up until I turn 30 and as the headline suggests its just twenty one more days until its good bye to thirty years old and part of me feels sort of bitter sweet about the whole thing and also there is a part of me screams, "Have I done enough?". I love how supportive my fiance Ruth is and also my friend Randy who both sort of talked me out of the funk of things. Yes, I am getting older and hell maybe I haven't done everything I have ever ever wanted to...but for fuck sakes I am engaged to the love of my life. Reviewing my life, a year ago I was battling with the plague of the dating scene and getting nowhere. Then out of the blue, I post something on meet me and the rest as they say is history (I talked about how we actually met and the dating in an earlier post check it out). I couldn't be happier and the photography is slowly coming together. So what I haven't knocked out the math yet I haven't given up on school either and nor am I going to. So you know what I am ready to turn thirty years old and grow fucking older and older and older, bring it on! With Ruth by my side and incredible friends whom are like family there I know I can accomplish anything and everything

Its early November and I look forward to seeing what this month brings and December as well. Its kinda crazy but for sure we're spending Christmas Eve with Ruth's folks so that should be interesting and a lot of fun (this will be the first year not spending it with my folks, usually we watch a few different Christmas movies). Well I'll catch ya on the flip side  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its Over & Done. Time to forget her and get back out there

Readers; Hey everyone I hope all's going great in you're world's. Its now 12:17 in the morning just got home from Roaring Springs which I got in for free so that was fun but I found myself dwelling on what I didn't have; what had come to a close; that being the relationship with Jolene and I. Hell it was an even shorter relationship than the one with my last ex at this point I think I might be something of a plague. So many people are like you are awesome blah blah blah but of course what the fuck else are they going to say? Over these past weeks I learned I flunked my summer math class so that makes me feel overjoyed!  Hell at this point I am pretty sure I will get out of college when I am maybe thirty years old. At this point in my life I seriously am left wondering again what do I have to truly offer a woman seriously in a substantial sustaining relationship. I mean I still live with my parents while going to college. I have a part time job that somewhat pays the

Is It True?

Readers: Hey everybody I hope all is well in your world's. I am writing a latest update of things seeing as how earlier today I asked her why she suddenly blocked me with out any word at all. Hell its funny how in the end I told myself over and over again knowing wouldn't actually help but there you have it. One thing she said has continued to stay there at the fore front of my mind when she texted me back after essentially telling me that I worried too much, that I killed things that drunken night, that I am neurotic. Probably not exactly in those different words but that was the idea though than she stopped texting me again. Later out of the blue she texted me again telling me she was sorry but that how could she expect anything else out of things after the night when I screwed up like that. Oh and of course she also threw my words in my face saying essentially that i'd never be with a woman with a kid lol The funny he he ironic fucking thing is that I made it clear w

Wow ten years later...time for that reflection thing

Readers, Hey everyone I hope all is going great with you. On my end, I am still trying to tackle this online math class which feels like it'll never get done. I am so close but not close enough. Today is ten years since I graduated high school in 2004 and started right up at Boise State. Which of course lends itself to some reflecting on what I have accomplished, what's happened to me and just how far I have really come. I've been through what feels like a hell of a lot of bad relationships but thankfully seem to no doubt have found the one. We've now been together for four months and I have no doubt we will be together much longer! Its the school thing and not completing it that's killing me though. I look around me and am friends with a lot of people who I went to high school with and they've graduated and have great jobs. Here I am going on almost two years working in retail at Gordmans. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I am a cashier though. Interv