Skip to main content

Wow ten years later...time for that reflection thing

Readers,

Hey everyone I hope all is going great with you. On my end, I am still trying to tackle this online math class which feels like it'll never get done. I am so close but not close enough. Today is ten years since I graduated high school in 2004 and started right up at Boise State. Which of course lends itself to some reflecting on what I have accomplished, what's happened to me and just how far I have really come. I've been through what feels like a hell of a lot of bad relationships but thankfully seem to no doubt have found the one. We've now been together for four months and I have no doubt we will be together much longer! Its the school thing and not completing it that's killing me though. I look around me and am friends with a lot of people who I went to high school with and they've graduated and have great jobs.

Here I am going on almost two years working in retail at Gordmans. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I am a cashier though. Interviewing for a lead position didn't come through with anything and mostly because I am still doing the school thing so it limited me probably from landing the job. I just foresaw myself maybe being a writer (writing has gone by the wayside I don't know when I last wrote a single word), doing more photography (haven't had really anytime this summer for doing so with this math class), or at the very least working a solid job in Human Resources. Someone yesterday said to me, "I am sorry you work retail". That's just it I love where I work! The best management of any place I have ever worked and I feel like I really matter. Yes, I wish I was getting more hours but at the same time I'd rather do this where I am appreciated than work somewhere where its 40 hours a week and I am a warm body.

Just celebrated my girlfriend's birthday, officially on the 15th. Overall she had a great birthday which I am glad for and yes I went over the top but seeing her squee was 100 % worth it! She really appreciated it! Mm and I loved going to her folks place and celebrating the second part of her birthday with good food, cake and presents. At the same time, it lead me to reflect on myself getting older. I will be thirty years old in November. I still live with my folks because right now it works. Its cheaper than moving out because while doing the school thing its hard to actually also work full time. Those who can do both I am envious of you. But that is definitely not me.

Mm I don't know I guess I have done some things though. I basically have a photography business and have realized that I have an eye for it. Last Christmas, I saved up enough money to purchase solid gifts for everyone in my family. I actually dropped the money on a camera club to help myself get better even if I haven't had the time to really do it regularly. Plus I am in a great positive relationship with an remarkable woman who truly appreciates me

Right now listening to a new single from Theory Of A Deadman called "Blow", its a great song! As I wrote in the last blog I am excited as hell for September 10th. Great new song and they're a dream band of mine that I have always wanted to see live. Stoked to see them live in concert with my girlfriend Ruth

Reflection wrapped up. I can't believe today is ten years since I graduated from high school, eagle high school 2004. Its funny the things that matter when you're in high school like being accepted, being popular, friends etc. So many of those people I know have come and gone but there are also plenty of friends whom sincerely stuck around! Going with one of those best friends who I met in high school because of a great Gatsby project, Randy Hopkins. I hardly knew him than though we did have a pe class together and hit it off over the music we liked. That project was it after that we hung out off and on. Friends today ever since, a definite true friend. Going with him to the reunion this evening and also my girlfriend Ruth

Oh and this past weekend I did get to go to Eagle Fun Days at night for a few hours. The fireworks were awesome. Then I got to see my friend John and him and his girlfriend got to meet Ruth. It had been a good while but it felt great even after all that time...it was like no time passed at all. Grateful for good solid friends in my life. I include Jordan Anderson in those good friends even if at times him and I do clash. At the end of the day, he's been there for me and vice versa! Everything is water under the bridge

Well back to getting this math knocked out! I'll catch ya on the flip side

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for reading man! Sorry I've been out of the loop. I'll try to take a break here and give you a ring or something and we can catch up

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is It True?

Readers: Hey everybody I hope all is well in your world's. I am writing a latest update of things seeing as how earlier today I asked her why she suddenly blocked me with out any word at all. Hell its funny how in the end I told myself over and over again knowing wouldn't actually help but there you have it. One thing she said has continued to stay there at the fore front of my mind when she texted me back after essentially telling me that I worried too much, that I killed things that drunken night, that I am neurotic. Probably not exactly in those different words but that was the idea though than she stopped texting me again. Later out of the blue she texted me again telling me she was sorry but that how could she expect anything else out of things after the night when I screwed up like that. Oh and of course she also threw my words in my face saying essentially that i'd never be with a woman with a kid lol The funny he he ironic fucking thing is that I made it clear w

Recognition, Meeting Aaron Paul and some good music

Readers, Hey everyone its been quite a while since I have joined you guys and hope everyone has been well in a longer absence. I don't know what it was exactly that made a light bulb come on inside my brain and say to me that, "Hey Chris you're losing sight of you!", a two by four needed to knock up aside my head to get this idea through to me but its there. In the past I used to work out regularly and even had a solid goal in mind but somewhere along the way I honestly stopped giving a shit about working out because on some level I realized that after everything I've been through on some level I wanted to make myself that guy that no woman would find attractive at all. Hell, I wouldn't say on any level that I have become the Pillsbury Dough Boy, but if I don't do something and honestly start working out and keeping track of my calories I am taking in I am going to be there by Christmas. This is going to be one of those that isn't really easy to re